End of Year Reflection
Year End Review Questions
365 days are about to come to pass. Before moving into the New Year it is important to reflect on who you are from the experiences that shaped you this past year. This reflection will help propel you to step more confidently and without as much emotional baggage into the new year.
Below are 100 questions I use each year to reflect on my past year before moving on to the New Year. Grab some hot tea and journal the answers in. The answers are meant to be short phrases or a few words. If at any time you would like to go into more depth in your answer feel free to do so. You will gain valuable insights and learn from your experiences. You will also have an opportunity to release any anger, trauma, or sadness that may still need to be addressed.
I have reflected and wrote about my year before going into the New Year for several years now. It is interesting to read over what I was struggling with 5 years ago, but I am not anymore. I also like the idea of leaving these reflections to my children one day, in hopes that will gain support and advice from what I have lived through when they are at my current age.
For a holiday party idea you can print out the questions and cut them out. You can then put them into a hat and have each guest pick one out and answer the question.
Top 10 Year End Review Questions
1. What did you do this year that you have never done before?
2. What was the smartest decision you made this year?
3. What one word best sums up and describe your last year experience?
4. What are you most happy about completing?
5. What was the biggest risk you took?
6. What are you most grateful for this past year?
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
8. What do you wish you had done more of?
9. What do you wish you had done less of?
10. Knowing what you know now, if you could write a letter to yourself that would travel back in time so that you would receive it at the start of the year, what advice would you give your younger self?
10 Questions to Ask About Your Relationships
1. Who were the three people that had the greatest impact on your life last year?
2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
3. Did anyone close to you die?
4. What important relationship improved the most?
5. What important relationship suffered the most?
6. Whose behavior merited celebration?
7. Whose behavior made you appalled?
8. How had you positively influenced a child this year?
9. What well known person dead or alive influenced you the most this year?
10. Who made you laugh the most this year?
10 Questions to Ask About Your Health
1. Did you suffer illness or injury?
2. What decision did you do to become healthier?
3. What was your favorite exercise this year?
4. What was your favorite meal?
5. What restaurant did you eat at most often?
6. What medications are you currently taking?
7. Did you have any surgeries this year?
8. How did you manage your stress this year?
9. What was your biggest health achievement this year?
10. What do you wish you would of done differently in regards to your health this year?
10 Questions to Ask About Your Pop Culture
1. What were your favorite TV Programs?
2. What were your favorite books?
3. What was your biggest musical or art discovery?
4. What was your favorite movie this year?
5. What song will always remind you of this year?
6. What musical artist did you listen to the most this year?
7. Did you attend any concerts, plays or art events this year?
8. What did you wear often in your closet?
9. What was your hair style this year?
10. Describe your style of this past year in one word?
10 Questions to Ask About Your Celebrations
1. What did you really, really, really get excited about?
2. How old did you turn on your birthday?
3. How did you celebrate your birthday this year?
4. Did anyone close to you have an important milestone birthday?
5. How did you spend the Holidays?
6. What was one memorial gift you received this year and who was it from?
7. What was one memorial gift you gave this year and who was it too?
8. How will you be spending New Years?
9. What vacations did you take or where did you visit last year?
10. What was the biggest Surprise of this year?
10 Questions to Ask About Your Finances
1. What was your biggest financial decision this year?
2. What was the best thing you bought for yourself this year?
3. Did you invest your money anywhere?
4. Where did most your money go?
5. Did you make any charitable contributions?
6. At the end of this year how much money is in your bank account?
7. Are you in debt? How much?
8. How much a month do you pay in rent or mortgage?
9. How much does it cost to fill your car with gas?
10. What is your salary for this year?
10 Questions to Ask About School or Work
1. Where do you currently work or go to school?
2. What is the title of your position?
3. What is your typical day?
4. When did you feel most inspired at work or school?
5. What is one way you grew professionally this year?
6. What do you hope from those who work around you the most remember about you?
7. What was your greatest challenge/lesson at work or school?
8. How did you adapt at work and school?
9. How have you grown as a person because of your work and school experience?
10. What strengths did you tap into?
10 Questions to Ask About Your Spiritual and Existentialism
1. Because of this past year, what do you believe is your purpose?
2. What is one word that describes your relationship with God this year?
3. Where did you find the most peace and calm this year?
4. Where did you feel most connected to God this year?
5. What is one miracle you witnessed this year?
6. What was the most loving service you performed last year?
7. What is your biggest piece of unfinished business?
8. What is the greatest lesson you have learned this year?
9. What was the best part of this year? What was the lesson learned?
10. What was the worst part of this year? What was the lesson learned?
10 Questions to Ask About Your Time
1. What date from this year will remain etched upon your memory and why?
2. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
3. What slowed you down this past year?
4. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
5. What were you doing on most Saturday mornings this past year?
6. During this past year, what were you doing at 3pm during the weekdays?
7. How did you spend your Sunday evenings this past year?
8. What person(s) occupied most of your time?
9. What was your bedtime and wake up time?
10. If you had more time to invest in this past year what would you do with it?
10 Fill In the Blanks Questions
1. I want a ‘do-over’ with…
2. I missed…
3. I would use a magic wand to change…
4. I want to repeat…
5. I was embarrassed by…
6. I lost…
7. I gained…
8. I regret…
9. I am thankful for…
10. I felt most alive when…
First published on hubpages.com
Image – depositphotos